Action Plan for Clean Air Punjab
Directorate of Environment has prepared comprehensive Action Plans for clean air for nine non attainment cities in consultation with stakeholder departments in compliance to National Green Tribunal (NGT) order dated 08.10.2018 with an aim to restore air quality to prescribed standards.
Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has declared nine cities of Punjab namely (Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Amritsar, Derabassi, Nangal, Patiala, Mandi Gobindgarh, Khanna & Dera Baba Nanak) as “non –attainment” for not meeting the annual average of ambient air quality within prescribed limit of 60 µg/m3 for PM10.
Salient Features of Action Plan for Clean Air
- Creating awareness about the adverse impact of air pollution
- Identifying the sources of air pollution
- Identifying stakeholder departments
- Setting up facilities for treating the pollutants
- Ensuring effective operations of the facilities
- Ensuring effective monitoring through three tier monitoring committee
- Mitigating adverse impact on health of the people due to air pollution.
Action Plans are comprehensive in nature with a robust monitoring system and responsive & proactive governance.
Click on Left Menu to view city-wise Clean Air Action Plan