SEIAA / SEAC
The SEIAA comprises of 3 Members and SEAC comprises of 15 Members. To clear ‘B’ category industries, the Central Government has decentralized the entire process of EC by creating an independent SEIAA supported by a State Level Expert Appraisal Committee (SEAC). In the State of Punjab, 6th term of SEIAA/SEAC has been notified by MoEF&CC vide Notification S.O. No. 3557(E) dated 8th November, 2017.
List of Projects or Activities requiring prior Environmental Clearance
Any entrepreneur desirous of setting up any project, which falls in the schedule appended to the EIA Notification dated 14/09/2006, is required obtain Environmental clearances under the provisions of said Notification.
Nodal Agencies for dealing Environmental Clearance (EC) applications
Directorate of Environment & Climate Change, Punjab, Chandigarh with its office at Mahatma Gandhi State Institute of Public Administration (MGSIPA), Chandigarh is the nodal agency to deal with the applications for environmental clearance. All applications for EC along with all the requisite documents & processing fee are to be submitted online on the website PARIVESH.
Procedure to apply Environmental Clearance ( Click to Know More )
PARIVESH is a web based, role based work flow application which has been developed for online submission and monitoring of the proposals submitted by the proponents for seeking Environment Clearances from Central, State and district level authorities. It automates the entire tracking of proposals which includes online submission of a new proposal, editing/updating the details of proposals and displays status of the proposals at each stage of the workflow. Project Proponent shall himself registered on the Parivesh website. After registration, it will guide the applicant to fill the application form and asked requisite documents at appropriate place.
Acceptance of Environmental Application
After the acceptance of environmental clearance application by SEIAA, the system generates an automated acknowledgement asking project proponent to submit hard copy of the accepted application within 48 hours on the following address:
Member Secretary (SEIAA), Directorate of Environment & Climate Change, C/o Punjab State Council for Science & Technology, MGSIPA Complex, Sector-26 Chandigarh-160019
Processing Fee for Environmental Clearance
State Government has directed Directorate of Environment to provide secretarial services to the SEIAA and SEAC. In order to provide requisite Logistics, Secretariat, IT and other Technician support to SEIAA/SEAC, State Government vide Notification No 10/167/2013-STE(5)/1510178/1 dated 27th June, 2019 has prescribed the fee for the applicants seeking environment clearances as under:
|Nature of the Project||Building & Construction Fee||Area Development Projects||Mining Projects||Industrial Projects|
|Proposed Fee||Rs. 2 per sqm||Rs. 3000 per ha|
& Rs. 1.0 per sqm (in case of built up area)
|Rs. 2000 per ha||Rs. 10000 per crore of the total project cost|
Applicants are required to deposit fee through Demand Draft drawn in the favor of “Punjab State Council for Science & Technology ” payable at Chandigarh or through NEFT/RTGS in the bank account No 520101262451298 having IFSC code no CORP0000319for processing their applications submitted for environmental clearance.
- Check list for Terms of References (TORs)
- Check list for Building, Construction, Township and Area Development Projects
- Check list for Mining Projects
“Public Consultation” refers to the process by which the concerns of local affected persons and others who have plausible stake in the environmental impacts of the project or activity are ascertained with a view to taking into account all the material concerns in the project or activity design as appropriate. All Category ‘A’ and Category B1 projects or activities shall undertake Public Consultation, except the following:
- modernization of irrigation projects (item 1(c) (ii) of the Schedule).
- all projects or activities located within industrial estates or parks (item 7(c) of the Schedule) approved by the concerned authorities, and which are not disallowed in such approvals.
- expansion of Roads and Highways (item 7 (f) of the Schedule) which do not involve any further acquisition of land.
- maintenance dredging provided the dredged material shall be disposed within port limits.
- All Building or Construction projects or Area Development projects (which do not contain any category ‘A’ projects and activities) and Townships (item 8 (a) and 8(b) in the Schedule to the notification).
- All Category ‘B2’ projects and activities.
- All projects or activities concerning national defence and security or involving other strategic considerations as determined by the Central Government.
- All linear projects such as Highways, pipelines, etc., in border States.
- All standalone pelletization plants, which were in existence and in operation on or before the 27th day of May, 2014 and have valid consent to establish and consent to operate from the concerned State Pollution Control Board or the Union Territory Pollution Control Committee.
Nodal agency for public hearing
Applicant shall submit the Draft EIA report prepared on the basis of Terms of reference issued to him under the EIA Notification, 14.09.2006, processing fee along with other requisite documents in the Office of Environmental Engineer (Mega), Head Office, Punjab Pollution Control Board (Nodal Agency), Patiala with request to conduct the Public hearing.
Processing Fee for Public Consultation
As per the decision taken by the Board in its 160th meeting held on 28.06.2013, Punjab Pollution Control Board shall charge fee as per the following criteria from the project proponent on account of conduct of the public hearing in accordance with the procedure laid down in EIA notification dated 14.09.2006 :-
|Sr. No.||Total Project Cost||Fee|
|1.||Upto Rs.25 crore||Rs. 75,000/-|
|2.||Above Rs. 25 crore and |
upto Rs. 50 crore
|3.||Above Rs. 50 crore and |
upto Rs. 100 crore
|4.||Above Rs. 100 crore and |
upto Rs. 250 crore
|5.||Above Rs. 250 crore and |
upto Rs. 500 crore
|6.||Above Rs. 500 crore||Rs. 4,00,000/-|
Applicants are required to deposit fee through Demand Draft drawn in the favor of ” Member Secretary, Punjab Pollution Control Board, Payable at Patiala for processing their applications submitted for public hearing.
Requisite documents for public hearing
- Hard & soft copy of Draft EIA report and Executive Summary (Both in English & Punjabi) are required to be submitted to the following offices and the receipt thereof is required submitted with the application for public hearing.
- Deputy Commissioner of the concerned district
- Chairman, Zila Parishad of the concerned district
- Municipal Corporation or Municipal Council
- General Manager, District Industries Centre, of the concerned district
- Concerned Regional Office of the Board
- Advisor, MOEF&CC, Northern Regional Office at Chandigarh
- Cost of the project should be mentioned in the forwarding letter.
- Provide a hard & soft copy of presentation, in English & Punjabi (The font of Punjabi should be ‘Gurmukhilys-20 Wide’ or Asees) in running form, to be made before the public on the day of public hearing (required in Punjab Pollution Control Board, Head Office for preparation of proceedings of public hearing) to avoid any delay for the same, alongwith other documents as mentioned above at the time of making the request for conducting public hearing.