C & D Waste Action Plan
Management of C&D Waste in the State has been dealt separately under Comprehensive Action Plan for Waste Management because of its bulky, heavy and inert nature.
The Action Plan focuses on minimization of C&D waste generation, effective collection & segregation, maximum recycling to reduce the dependence on natural resources and disposal of inert waste at designated sites.
Salient Features of Action Plan for C&D Waste Management
- Identification of sites for storage and processing or recycling facilities.
- Notification of separate sites for C & D Waste.
- Community Awareness for segregation of C&D waste.
- Collection and segregation of C&D waste.
- Setting up of processing or recycling facilities.
- Channelization of C&D waste by the operator of the facility.
- Sanctioning of waste management plans of generators.