Action Plan for E Waste
E-Waste means electrical and electronic equipment, whole or in part discarded as waste, rejects from manufacturing, refurbishment and repair processes, which are not fit for their originally intended use.
Management of E-Waste has been dealt separately under Comprehensive Action Plan for Waste Management. The Action Plan has been prepared comprising various activities along with stringent timelines for effective management of E-waste in the State in an environmentally sound manner.
The Action Plan elucidates the specific roles of Key Stakeholders as per E-Waste Management Rules 2016, NGT Directions, the State Policy and overall local requirements.
Salient Features of Action Plan for E-Waste Management
- identification / Inventorisation of bulk consumers and quantification of E-waste
- Verification of systems / E-Waste collection of the producers
- Grant of Authorization to Manufacturers, Dismantlers, Recyclers and Refurbishers and its online updation
- Verification of facilities of Dismantlers & Recyclers.
- Capacity building / Information, Education & Communication (IEC) Plan
- Annual Return to be filed by Bulk Consumers, Manufacturer, Refurbisher, Recycler, Dismantler.
- Segregation and channelization of E-waste from the MSW by the Deptt. of Local Bodies