Plastic Waste Action Plan
To tackle the menace of plastic, Directorate of Environment has prepared specific Action Plan under the directions of Hon’ble NGT for sound management of plastic waste in the State targeting collection & segregation of plastic waste at source, effective channelization of all recyclables and processing of non-recyclables for maximum recovery of resources.
Salient Features of Action Plan for Waste Management
- Proficient door to Door collection and transportation of segregated waste.
- Setting up of Material Recovery Facilities
- Maximum material recovery out of recyclables and non-recyclable fractions of waste
- Strengthening of informal sector channelizing recycling of plastic waste
- Ensuring compliance by Producers & Brand-Owners under Extended Producers ‘Responsibility
- Enforcement of ban on carry bags in the State
- Prohibit burning / open burning of plastic
- Social Awareness and public education