Hazardous Waste Action Plan
Hazardous waste means any waste, which by reason of characteristics, such as physical, chemical, biological, reactive, toxic, flammable, explosive or corrosive, causes danger to health, or environment.
Management of Hazardous Waste has been dealt separately under Comprehensive Action Plan for Waste Management. The Action Plan has been prepared comprising various activities along with stringent timelines for effective management of Hazardous waste in the State in an environmentally sound manner.
Salient Features of Action Plan for Hazardous Waste Management
- Identification and authorization to the un-identified industries.
- Inventory of Hazardous Waste Generation
- Waste minimization at source
- Reuse, recovery and recycling of hazardous wastes
- Utilization of Hazardous and Other Wastes
- Safe Disposal of Hazardous Wastes