Action Plan for Bio Medical Waste
Directorate of Environment has prepared specific Action Plan for Management of Biomedical Waste in compliance to the directions of National Green Tribunal.
The action Plan comprises various activities along with stringent timelines for effective management of Bio-medical waste in the State in an environmentally sound manner.
Salient Features of Action Plan for Biomedical Waste Management
The Action Plan focuses on the following:
- Setting up additional CBWTFs for treating the bio-medical waste as per requirement.
- Identifying and covering the unidentified HCFs under the Rules.
- Covering the HCFs under DAH & DRDP.
- Installation of effluent treatment plants by all the HCFs.
- Authorizing HCFs which have made agreement with the CBWTF.
- Creating awareness about the adverse impacts of bio-medical waste.